MNE A6 Bay of Kotor - Lipa
- From camp na Luka turn right at the main road around the bay of Kotor. Follow the road along the water.
- After 4,7 km in Lepetane take the ferry to the other side. Ferries go up and down so the waiting is never longer then 10 minutes, Tickets can be purchashed form the ticket boot and cost €5 per vehicle.
- Disembark on the other side and turn right.
- After 2,6 km turn left towards Gornja Lastva (yellow sign). Follow this road.
- After 3 km you enter the little village of Gornja Lastva. Continue on the main road through the village and further. The asphalt soon ends and the road keeps climbing.
- After 3,5 km follow the main road towards the Vrmac ridge, making a U-turn left (there is a road going straight on in this U-turn, ignore this road).
- After 2,2 km ther eis a turn to the left towards the summit of sveti Ilja, the highest point of the Vrmac ridge. You can turn left and walk towards the summit if you fancy. It is appr. 750m one way. Our stage continues straight and more or less flat nog for a while.
- After 4 km you arrive at an ancient Habsburg structure. This was a prison, an intersting place to explore if you enjoy abandoned buildings. Beware, there are many bats inside. The stage continues straight on.
- After 1,5km follow the road with the U-turn right.
- 750m further follow the road with the U-turn left.
- After 1,9 km you get to the main road. The building on your right here is an old Austrian border facility. Turn right on this road. If you turn left you will get to Kotor (if you have not visitied yet). If you skipped Vrmac, you will connect at this point, from Kotor.
- 100m further on the Y-junction keep left for Njegusi. This marks the start of the serpentine road up. Follow this road. Beware of traffic. Sometimes busses pass here and get stuck in the curves. Give way, be patient, and try to see the humour of this road. How on earth not a single politician in Montenegro even proposed turning it into a oneway street?
- After 15,4 km you pass the restaurant Nevesta Jadrana, a great place for a coffee, because of the great views.
- 1 km further, right before the restaurant, turn rigth (brown sign "Lovcen"). There are even better viewpoints (and safer) then the ones you have passed.
- After 9,3 km at the junction keep right for Ivanova Korita. If you fancy visiting Njegos mausoluem, keep left here to reach the summit. You can park below the summit and follow the steps through the tunnel to reach the burial site of Montenegro's biggest statesman in history.
- After 3,2 km you reach the hotel Ivanov Konak, the start of the hike to Babina Glava. If you travel with kids, ther eis also an adventure park here where you can entertain them. The stage continues straight.
- After 14,7 km (you are in Cetinje now) at the tree-lined boulevard turn right (you can't go straight any more here).
- After 600m at the end of the boulevard turn left.
- After 75m turn right at teh T-junction.
- After 100m at the square with the monument and the little church, turn left, and left again. Between the hotel Sport In and the footbal stadium you will find parking space if you fancy visiting Cetinje. If not, continue straight (the road betwene footbaal stadium and hotel). The road bends to the right and then meets Moskovacka street on which you turn right.
- After 750m at the roundabout turn left towards Podgorica.
- After 950m leave the main road turning right towards restoran Belveder (much recommended).
- After 750m pass the restaurant and continue.
- After 750m in the sharp turn left, go straight (towards Lipa cave).
- After 1100m you reach the parking for Lipa Cave. Turn left (back) here towards Lipa cave. This road is accesible only for camp guests and visitors to the cave (who walk or take the tourist train).
- After 500m you reach the camp Oaza Lipa.
Vragen & antwoorden
Wilt u de schrijver een vraag stellen?
Wees de eerste om anderen te beoordelen en te helpen.
Foto's van anderen