MNE A5 Piva lake - bay of Kotor
VeiligheidsaanwijzingenYou pass close to an unofficial border crossing and the police might be patrolling here. Have your passports close to you.
- Start from Camp Vrbnica, not back towards But the other direction.
- After 300m you will get to the junction with signpost for Milosevici dom, Budanj (viewpoint), Raskrsnica Brljevo to the right and left for Stabna. Turn left here towards Stabna. A short detour to see the actual viewpoint of Budanj is certainly with the effort.
- After 1.4 km you’ll get to another V junction below high voltage grid line. Left is the turn to small hydro power plant and right turn is for Ravno-Poljana. At the time of this description the road after this point is broken and very much destroyed because of the construction of the small hydro power plant. Keep right here (very poor asphalt road).
- After another 1.2 km there is another junction for Stabna (malo Stabanjsko jezero, veliko Stabanjsko jezero and Veliki Vitao). At this junction there is a map of the “Piva Region – Bioč Maglić – Volujak with indicated roads and hiking paths. Turn left here.
- After another 900 m you’ll pass by left turn with very steep ascent. Continue straight.
- After another 1.3 km, you will get on a T junction with no signs, only hill in front and turns to the right and left. Asphalt is on all sides. Turn left here.
- After another 5.3 km, you will get to a junction with a small shed made of concrete bricks in front of you, with hiking sign pointing to the left. The road to the right takes you to the village of Ravno, and the road to the left is your direction.
- This is already bordering area and you will meet Montenegrin border police here. Even if they don’t stop you, you should pull over to say hello and let them know you are going towards the village of GORANSKO on off-road and further to Niksic. Bear in mind that on this road there is no official border crossing, and every one can be a suspect of smuggling operation. You might have to present you passport on the police request.
- Only after 300m from the last junction, you will reach the turn to the left, the non-asphalt road that you have to take now. Kee following this road.
- After 2.7 km, you will reach to a junction just before the graveyard. Here you have the sign post with sign for Nedajno, Trsa, Boricje, Pluzine. The road to the right takes again to Bosnia. Keep straight here towards Boricje, Trsa, Pluzine. You will pass below the graveyard.
- After 4.7 km you will get to individual (single) grave on a private property. Here, just after the grave there is a sharp turn to the left towards private houses. Continue straight here.
- After another 4.2 km, you will get to the junction where on the left side you will see asphalt road and on the right (direction straight) it’s still macadam. The road passes by low voltage grid. Turn right here and continue on the macadam road.
- After 900m you will get on asphalt. This is beginning of the village Smrijecno. There is a sign for the maximum axle load of 7t and the sign for Trestenik. All around this area you will see farms mostly potato fields, while on the right side you can see a dome shaped structure which is actually a monument/memorial for foundation of the fifth proletarian Montenegrin battalion on 12 June 1942 led by Sava Kovacevic, proclaimed war hero who also led the same battalion for the famous “Sutjeska Battle” from this area in 1943. The battle was a milestone in fight against nazists in the WWII.
- On the left side, on about 100m far from the junction on a small hill lays another stone memorial for battles that took place in this area between 1875 and 1878 against Ottoman Empire. At this junction keep the road straight. Continue on asphalt road and after 2.4km, you will get to the center of the village Smrijecno. Pass through the village and keep on asphalt road.
- After 3.1 km from the center of the village you will get to the turn to left with sign posts to Stolac and Smrijecno, Lisina, Ravno for the direction you came from. Continue straight down on asphalt road.
- After 2.1 km you will get to the main road in the Village of Goransko. There are signs for Panoramic Road, Lisina Smrijecno and also the rest area with covered benches. Turn right here towards Niksic. Keep following the main road now for smooth cruising. Not Lada's natural habitat...Very soon you pass Piva monastery, for those who fancy a bit of a spiritual break.
- After 50 km on the main road junction in the city of Niksic, keep right towards Vilusi, Risan, Herceg Novi. Now follow this main road. Plenty of options for fuel refills here.
- After 30 km turn left towards Grahovo. Herceg Novi. Keep following this main road. Now be very carefull!
- After exactly 25,7 km, this is just passed the village of Dragalj, you turn right, leaving the main road, at a bar called Grkavac. You should not miss this turn, because you will immedtailetly after this turn enter into a tunnel and possibilites of safe turning will be limited and dangerous. Kafana Grkavac is signposted in cyrillic only. Real big challenge not to miss this! Turn right here, leave the main road and take the little asphalt road to the right that goes up next to the tunnel and then turns left to go over the tunnel.
- After 300m turn left towards the village of Ledenice. Follow the main road.
- After 2,4km you come to a junction with a commemoration plate on the right saide and a small red white marker for hiking trails on your right. If you cant wait for the sea, continue straight here. If you want to drive on a very cool road with great views & hike to an old Habsburg fortress, then this is your chance. For option 2 turn left here and get back to this junctions later on.
- After turning left for this little extra adventure, follow the non-asphalted road that winds up. Follow the main road towards Ubalac with a U-turn to the right, a U-turn to the left and then, at exactly 1,8 km from the junction where you left the asphalt, you continue straight (ignore the road bending back to the left here). Follow this dramatic road, with steep cliffs to you right, and
- After 3 km you arrive to the village of Ubalac, continue to the Y-junction at the end of the village. Keep left to find a little parking area behind the houses. The hike starts right at this Y-junction. It ascends to the direction of an electricty mast. After 350m at the Y-junction of trails (with signs) keep right towards Orahovac and sv. Andrija (KT05). After another 1300m you reach the fortress, one of the best viewpoints above the Bay of Kotor and certainly a piece of tangible history too. Return via the same trail to your car.
After this excursion return to the junction in Ledenice and turn left. The road soon starts to descend.
- After 2 km you get to a T-juntion. Turn left here.
- After 8,5 km you reach the sea level in the centre of Risan. At this main road, that encircles the bay of Kotor, turn right.
- After 6,5 km you pass through the village of Morinj. You pass over the bridge over the little river end then turn right (sharp) at the sign of camping Na Luka. You have reached your destination.
Vragen & antwoorden
Wilt u de schrijver een vraag stellen?
Wees de eerste om anderen te beoordelen en te helpen.
Foto's van anderen