MNE A4 Durmitor - Crkvicko Polje - Piva lake
- From the Uskoci lodge (end of the property) return to the road and turn right
- At 700m you get to the mian road to Zabljak, turn left and after 100m turn right towards Momcilov Grad
- After 1,3km you get to another road, in a U-turn. Kepe right on that road. This is the "main road" towards Nedajno.
- After 2,4 km ignore the turn to restaurant Momcilov Grad and continue straight. Just a bith further down the road you will see signs for Jablan Jezero left of the road. If you fancy a lovely little walk, this lake is a nice option. It is beautifully located under the massive south wall of Crvena Greda. Even form above, of you do not descend to the lake all the way, the view is great.
- After another 10km you pass the turn to the village of Mala Crna Gora (to the right). This stage follows the main road, left, but the village is worth a stop. After this village the road follows the edge of the canyon and then descends to the bottom.
- After 7,2 km you reach the bottom of the canyon. There is a permanent spring below the mountain hut where you can fill up your water. Behind the hut you will see Susicko lake. This translates as dry lake and is mostly dry in summer. Follow the mian road, climbing out of the canyon again.
- After 6,4 km you reach the guesthouse Nedajno. This is a usual stop over for our 4x4 guests too. Feel free to drop by for a coffee.
- After 100m turn right at the junction following the sign “2 Panoramic Roads”
- After 4.7 km you will come to another junction with the sign “Panoramic roads 1” and the UNESCO sign “Stećci” – meaning tombstones where you following these signs turning to the right.
- After another 4.6 km, you will get to the left turn with yellow sing left towards Sarici, and straight for Crkvicko Polje and Scepan Polje. There is also UNSECO sign here for Stećci direction straight. Turn left here towards Sarici. It’s also asphalt road, and follow this road.
- After 3.2 km you will get to V junction under Sarici village, there is hiking sign post for HE Piva Mratinje, Badnjina, Babici and Jerinici. Turn right towards Babici-Jerinici.
- After 2 km you will get to another junction with hiking sign post where actual offroad/macadam road starts. This is where you turn right on macadam road, and asphalt continues only until the village in front. This point is marked as Sarici-Vracari on sign post. It also indicates hiking path to HE Piva Mratinje, Babici, Badnjina, Jerinici. You will enter the forest after this junction.
- After another 2.5 km you will exit the forest and get to another T junction in the village of Jerinici. On the right hand side of the junction you will see a house where people actually dwell. There is a sign post here too, which indicates the trail for HE Piva Mratinje, Badnjina, Babici. Turn left here.
- After only 500 m you will get to another V junction with 2 sign posts for HE Piva Mratinje, Badnjina, Babici, and for Crkvicko Polje but here you will continue to the right. (This road to the left is inaccessible for cars after Babici). Take the road to the right here towards Crkvicko Polje in the open terrain where the views rapidly improve.
- After 300 m, just before the village you will get to another junction, i.e. turn to the right with the sign marked on the rock on the left side of the road for Crkvicko Polje with red letters. In a distance you can see here the power grid line. Take this road. In case you miss it you will get only to the village and no road further from there.
- After 1.2 km you will get to the T junction just below high voltage grid. There is only one arrow on the stone in front of the road showing the direction to the left. You will also see a house with two auxiliary facilities (probably for cattle and tools) and the road passes just next to this house under the grid line.
- After 1.3 km you will get to another T junction at the point called “Žeično”. You will see here another smaller electrical grid line here. There is a sign post with directions to Crkvicko Polje 5 km and Scepan Polje 21,5 km. Turn right here towards Crkvicko Polje/Scepan Polje.
- After 2.2 km you will get to another junction where you can go left up and right down. Next to this junction there is plot with blue gate and isolated house farther above on the left side. Continue down to the right.
- After 1.2 km you will get to the first houses of the village Crkvicko Polje and 1 km farther you will get to the mountain hut in Crkvicko Polje where also asphalt starts. The hut is recognizable by the stone wall fence and two huge mulberry trees. The hut has been renovated recently with the aid of an Italian organization.
- After 500 m from the hut you will get to another junction where you have to turn left. You will see the sign for Panoramic Roads and “Stećci”. Follow the direction for Stećci
- Follow this serpentine road for another 5 km, which goes down into Tara Canyon. Also take care of rock falls here. There’s plenty of the rocks on the road.
- After 5 km, you will get down into Tara Canyon and the junction for Brstanovica to the right and Scepan Polje to the left. Brstanovica is starting point for rafting and in the summer time this part of the road is very busy with Land Rover defenders and vans taking tourist for rafting. Take special care on this road as locals drive very fast and the road is quite narrow. Turn left towards Scepan Polje, also follow sign for “Stećci“ and Panoramic Roads.
- After 3.5 km you will get to the turn right towards the Monastery “Zagrađe”. This is optional turn to visit the Monastery and Stećci – the Tombstones. You will also get the view on Scepan Polje, border crossing and Drina River which is bordering river in the first part between Montenegro and Bosnia, and in the later part between Serbia and Bosnia. The Drina River is actually made by confluence of two rivers from Montenegro – Piva and Tara – that you may see, but it depends on the vegetation, which usually blocks the view.
- It is only 1.7 km from the junction to the Monastery. From the Monastery you can take a walk to the tombstone and the fortress. If you take the dirt road left from the parking going up for about 1,5 km you will get to the houses in Donje Zagradje (one of them being guesthouse made of wood) and there you have a hiking sign to Crkvicko Polje to the left from the dirt road. If you take this path towards Crkvicko Polje to the left, after approx. 200m you will get to the tombstones hidden in the forest on the right side from the path.
- It is also possible to climb Hercegov grad from Donje Zagradje – when you get to the wooden guesthouse, you will pass by next to it and find a trail towards the hill just above the village Donje Zagradje. The path can be overgrown, but the locals, reported that they clean it during the tourist season. The path is quite steep and unmarked.
- Go back down to the junction for Scepan Polje – Crkvicko Polje. After 2 km from the junction you will get to the border crossing, Montenegro – Bosnia. You have to turn left towards Montenegrin crossing (indicated as obligatory) and report to the police that you are coming from Crkvicko Polje. You might be asked for the travelling documents and car documents.
- Drive straight on the main road to Pluzine. The road takes you along the lake, crossing the bridge in the canyon with magnificent view and also across hydro power plant. Take care of the rock falls on this road, they are frequent. Also the tunnels look more like artificial caves, but nevertheless you are on the main road connecting Podgorica and Sarajevo.
- After 25 km from the border you will get to the gas station and after the gas station there is right turn to the town of Pluzine. Turn right here and go down, after the next 200 m you will get to another junction with the sign for Bolnica (hospital); Stabna and Centar. Go straight towards Stabna.
- After 800 m you will see the sign for camp Vrbnica – 9km. Go straight following this sign. Keep on the asphalt road.
- After 2.5 km you will cross a small bridge which takes you on the other side of the lake. Keep on this road.
- After 6 km you will get to the Camp Vrbnica on the right hand side. It is clearly signed with a big board on the road. Go in the camp and check in
Vragen & antwoorden
Wilt u de schrijver een vraag stellen?
Wees de eerste om anderen te beoordelen en te helpen.
Foto's van anderen